Thursday, August 14, 2008

Mmmm, Tuna and Illness

I am tuna whore. Hear me gurgle.

So, I guess I must admit my shame. For the last several nights in a row I have eaten recipes out of the Women’s Health magazine. I expect myself to break out in feathers at any moment.

This is mostly due to the fact that I was forced to cook vegetarian for a week when I went to Tennessee to stay with Todd who was being carved up by the medical institution.

Since being home I have been ill. Which means my training has been limited though I have been able to make it to the swimming pool to do my laps, and have been engaged in thorough house-cleaning efforts since I don’t like to just be still for too long (I get nervous). I’ve also been tired and my tummy is unhappy, so of course, the natural solution is tuna salad, easiest thing on earth. I’ve rearranged my tuna recipe so that it maximizes good fats while still being delicious, not to mention I put it between two slices of double-fiber whole grain bread. I read the South Beach Diet book while in Destin earlier this summer, and while I can’t seem to ascribe to the whole diet plan, I did learn something.

1 can white chunk tuna

1 tbsp of yellow mustard

1 tbsp of canola oil mayo

½ an avocado

1 tbsp sweet salad cubes (I use the splenda sweetened kind)

Salt and pepper to taste

Put all the ingredients into the food processor, process thoroughly, spread between toasted bread and enjoy.

Makes 3 servings.

Hopefully, I’ll be back on my feet soon, but I don’t want to push myself into serious illness here before school starts.

~annA

No comments: